Want training in journalism, multimedia and leadership? Tight budget? Read on.

The Associated Collegiate Press is pleased to announce a call for session ideas, plus has opened registration and hotel guest room blocks for its two upcoming conventions. With Thanksgiving around the corner, we encourage you to make your transportation plans now.

MW
Sheraton Universal | Los Angeles | Feb. 26-March 1, 2015

With more than 150 sessions and 850 attendees, make new contacts and launch your career here. Along with sessions and Short Courses, there are plentiful opportunities to connect with fellow students, advisers and pros, critiques, media tours and Best of Show.

To help you network, solve problems and share victories, we’ll have roundtable discussions for editors-in-chief, advisers at four-year schools and advisers are two-year schools. Also meet exhibitors from four year colleges, grad schools and more.

Learn what’s new with multimedia student news organizations that distribute on paper and/or digital and online platforms, broadcast journalism, yearbooks and magazines. This convention draws students from throughout the U.S., Canada and beyond.

Hotel rate: $185/night plus tax, single to quad (that’s $213.80 per night, including tax). There are dozens of low-moderate priced restaurants steps from the hotel.

The Burbank Bob Hope Airport, BRB, is closest to the hotel. You can also find competitive rates to Los Angeles International Airport, LAX.

ACP 31st annual National College Journalism Convention registration, hotel and other details are on our convention website. It will be updated regularly. Please bookmark.

2015.acpjournalismconvention.org

BOM
Radisson Blu | Minneapolis | Feb. 6-8, 2015

Dozens of training sessions and short courses, opportunities to connect with fellow students, advisers and pros, critiques, Best of Show, a complimentary luncheon for advisers and reception for all attendees.

We normally draw about 200-250 attendees, so there’s time for a lot of personalized attention. We understand that many attendees don’t get to go to national conventions, so we ensure the same quality you would find at a big convention. You might find a connection to help you land an internship, job or transfer to a four-year college or grad school.

Best of the Midwest convention typically draws students and advisers from Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa and the Dakotas. Most drive to Minneapolis to save money, Still, it’s not strictly a midwest event. Last year, student delegations from as far away as Vermont and the Philippines attended, and not all speakers are local.

The ACP room block is $115 per night, plus tax, single or double (total comes to $130.41 per night with tax). Once you get to the hotel, shed your coat and boots: the hotel is connected by skyway to downtown restaurants, shopping and more. The city’s light rail transit system (nearest stop is two blocks from the hotel) makes it easy to get to and from the airport, Radisson Blu, and attractions that include the Mall of America.

ACP Best of the Midwest registration, hotel and other details are on our convention website. It will be updated regularly. Please bookmark.

2015.acpbestofmidwest.org

WE NEED YOUR HELP TO ENSURE TWO GREAT CONVENTIONS.

50-minute sessions, Short Courses, roundtables and other events are led by advisers, pros and teams of student leaders. We welcome your ideas and participation. You name it: Online/digital, newspaper, magazines, yearbooks, broadcast. Plus, core journalism skills, leadership, ethics, diversity, team building, emerging business models. Or, pitch a new idea.

Propose a session for ACP Best of the Midwest by Dec. 5.
Propose a session for ACP 31st annual National College Journalism Convention by Dec. 12.

While we cannot accept every submission, we appreciate you taking the time and effort. We will respond to everyone, whether or not your proposal is accepted.

If you have any ideas about keynote speakers, special events or would rather simply talk through an idea before submitting it, contact ACP executive director at Diana@studentpress.org.