ACP is hiring a business and projects manager

Business and Projects Manager

The Associated Collegiate Press has an opening for a business and projects manager. This position requires a detail-oriented person who can learn new things quickly. S/he should be able to manage many projects at once and keep track of details.

Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will collaborate with the director and staff on membership campaigns, process critiques and oversee payables/receivables.

We are a small but mighty staff that is mission-driven. We are professional, friendly, resilient, and intense. Expect to make big strides in a short time. The successful candidate will thrive under pressure, have strong journalistic judgment and solve problems. You will prioritize, undertake simultaneous, related tasks and troubleshoot.

Position starts Aug. 15, 2018.

Roles and Responsibilities

• Oversee new initiatives projects
  • Oversee data collection
  • Work with executive director on membership campaigns for NSPA and ACP
  • Oversee resources for website: blogs, columns, news, social media
  • Work with associate director processing incoming publications for critiques, prepare checks for judges
  • Cite payment received for critiques, membership
  • Oversee payables/receivables and send out invoices as needed
  • Membership and/or critique payment reminders and collection
  • Prepare deposit
  • Travel to national and regional conventions

The business and projects manager will be required to travel to four national events per year. ACP keeps regular business hours, but this position requires work on some nights and weekends for events.

Minimum Experience and Qualifications

• Excellent verbal, written, research and interpersonal communication skills
  • Effective and proven team process and project management experience
  • Detail-oriented with strong demonstrated ability to solve problems, ability to meet tight deadlines and manage resources effectively
  • Excellent computer and internet skills, including Google Drive and Microsoft Office
  • AP Style and copy editing experience
  • A profound and well-articulated commitment to student journalism and the mission of ACP
  • A bachelor’s degree in business and/or journalism

Preferred Qualifications

• Experience in collegiate student media

Compensation

NSPA offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package that includes 15 vacation days, 15 paid holidays, 403(b) match and health and dental insurance. Salary commensurate with experience.

How to Apply

Send an email with your cover letter and resume to executive director Laura Widmer at laura@studentpress.org. Applications will be accepted until July 30, 2018.

This posting provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. ACP reserves the right to change the posting at any time without advance notice.

ACP is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. ACP encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.

About NSPA

We are the nation’s professional association, voice and champion for student-directed news and media organizations and publications.

The National Scholastic Press Association, a 501(c)(3) non-profit association founded in 1921, is the parent entity of the Associated Collegiate Press and Minnesota High School Press Association.

NSPA, ACP and MHSPA serve student media and advisers, introduce new ideas and reinforce best practices, reward excellence, embrace diversity, and provide ample networking and partnership opportunities. Members are student-directed news organizations and publications. NSPA, ACP and MHSPA sponsor conventions and recognize the work of student journalists through honors, competitions, critiques and other educational activities.